The Rager Law Firm

On December 21, 2020, the Court of Appeal affirmed the trial verdict in Lave v. Charter Communications on a 3-0 vote. Click here for opinion.

January 27, 2020, Torrance, CA - The Rager Law Firm Featured In The Los Angeles & San Francisco Daily Journal Article, 'Fighting The Bully'. Click Here To View Article.

January 15, 2019, Los Angeles, CA - Court Awards Kaiser Employee $1,228,721.96 In Wrongful Termination Case, Represented By Jeffrey Rager. Click Here To View Article.

On behalf of The Rager Law Firm posted on November 16, 2022

Workplace harassment is a serious issue that can affect people of all ages and backgrounds. As a minor, it is important to be aware of your rights and to know what to do if you experience harassment at work.

In California, minors are protected from workplace harassment under the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). This law prohibits employers from harassing employees or job applicants based on their race, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or disability.

What is workplace harassment?

Workplace harassment is any behavior that is unwanted, offensive, or hostile, and that creates an intimidating, offensive, or hostile work environment. Harassment can take many forms, including verbal, physical, or written conduct. Examples of harassment may include:

  • Making derogatory comments or jokes about a person’s race, gender, or other protected characteristic
  • Touching someone in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable or threatened
  • Spreading rumors or lies about someone
  • Displaying offensive materials, such as posters or pictures, in the workplace
  • It is important to note that harassment does not have to be directed at you personally in order to be illegal. If you witness someone else being harassed at work, you have the right to speak out and report it.

What should I do if I experience workplace harassment?

If you experience workplace harassment, it is important to speak out and report it. Here are some steps you can take:

  • Tell the harasser to stop: If the harassment is happening to you and you feel safe doing so, you can tell the harasser to stop. You can also ask a trusted co-worker or supervisor for help in addressing the issue.
  • Document the harassment: Keep a record of the harassment, including the date, time, location, and any witnesses. This can be helpful if you need to file a complaint or report the harassment to your employer.
  • Report the harassment: If you are unable to resolve the issue on your own, you can report the harassment to your supervisor or to the human resources department. You can also file a complaint with the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH).

What if I am afraid to speak out?

If you are afraid to speak out or report the harassment, there are resources available to help you. You can contact the DFEH or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) for assistance. You can also seek help from a trusted adult, such as a parent, teacher, or counselor.

It is important to remember that you have the right to work in a harassment-free environment. If you experience harassment at work, speak out and report it. You have the right to be treated with respect and dignity, and your employer has a legal obligation to provide a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.

Additionally, your parents or another trusted adult may be able to help you take legal action. With the help of a Los Angeles harassment in the workplace attorney at the Rager Law Firm, you can seek the justice you deserve. Learn more by contacting us online or calling us at 310-527-6994 for a free consultation.

Share Us With
Rager Law Firm is Available

to represent wrongful termination clients in other locations

click here