AGGRESSIVE & COMPREHENSIVE REPRESENTATION HANDLING RETALIATION CLAIMS
Every employee deserves to work in a safe and productive environment. But when a worker speaks up against an employer that engages in unethical or illegal business practices, they should never have to worry about retaliation. Unfortunately, it happens all the time throughout Southern California. Most of these incidents go unreported because many employees feel powerless and never take action. My name is Jeffrey Rager and I am a Los Angeles retaliation attorney. Intimidation tactics by an employer are never acceptable. California labor laws prohibit employers from terminating employees who make a complaint about harassment or discrimination. The attorneys at Rager & Yoon – Employment Lawyers utilize an aggressive and comprehensive approach to help protect the rights of each client.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF RETALIATION
Not all retaliation cases are the same. Depending on the employer, there are a wide variety of retaliation tactics. As a blanket definition, retaliation is when an employer terminates an employee that makes a complaint of harassment, discrimination, illegal or unethical business practices. Over the years, the Los Angeles retaliation attorneys at Rager & Yoon – Employment Lawyers have helped clients recover the compensation they deserve in the following types of retaliation cases:
- Wrongful & excessive disciplinary action
- Negative performance reviews
- Wrongful demotions
- Lack of pay raise
- No pay increase for performing a physically more demanding job
Regardless of the type of retaliation, we can help. The moment a client visits our law office for their initial consultation, our legal team will immediately address all of your questions and concerns. Because California employment law cases can get complicated, it is vital to have a Los Angeles retaliation attorney that can properly help you navigate through the legal process. When someone becomes a client, our team of legal professionals will stay in your corner until the end. Whether it is obtaining and filing the right documentation to providing skillful negotiation, Rager & Yoon – Employment Lawyers utilizes a vast arsenal of legal resources to help place each client in the best position to succeed.
HOW WILL AN ATTORNEY HELP A LOS ANGELES RETALIATION CLAIM?
Cases revolving around workplace retaliation can become complicated, and they often devolve into “he said, she said” types of situations. At Rager & Yoon – Employment Lawyers, our job is to empower you and give you a voice in these situations. The goal of a Los Angeles retaliation claim attorney is to:
- Conduct a complete investigation into your claim of retaliation
- Gather any evidence that can prove the retaliation has occurred
- Obtain statements from coworkers or supervisors related to the case
- Look into the employer’s past history of terminations
- Work with trusted economic and financial experts to properly calculate your losses
- Negotiate with all parties involved to reach a fair settlement on your behalf
- Fully prepare to take the case to trial if necessary
One of the most important aspects of having a Los Angeles retaliation attorney on your side is to have somebody who can give you straightforward information regarding your case. We never want our clients to be left in limbo, wondering what steps come next. We understand that retaliation cases can be sensitive and that the person experiencing retaliation is often going through an emotionally challenging period.
HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO FILE A LOS ANGELES RETALIATION CLAIM?
Properly understanding how long you have to file a retaliation claim can be challenging. We strongly encourage any person who thinks they had been retaliated against by their employer in Los Angeles to work with one of our attorneys as soon as possible so we can get started with the filing process.
- Any retaliation claim involving discrimination or retaliation in violation of state or federal law must be filed within six months after the alleged incident(s) took place. However, there are various exceptions to this six-month period, and we need to talk to you about these after we analyze your case.
- For complaints regarding retaliation, because an employee took time off work due to being the victim of stalking, domestic violence, or sexual assault, these claims must be filed within one year from the date of the alleged retaliation.
- Retaliation claims related to equal pay violations need to be filed within two years from the date of the alleged retaliation.
- Finally, retaliation claims based on health and safety code violations reporting need to be filed within 90 days from the day the retaliation occurs.
HOLDING EMPLOYERS ACCOUNTABLE FOR UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES
Far too many people throughout Southern California have either lost their jobs or make far less money due to retaliation tactics by their employers. Since many people never take legal action, it is a vicious cycle that continues. It is important for victims of retaliation to properly understand their rights. The first step to recovering the money you deserve begins with contacting a Los Angeles retaliation attorney.
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION WITH A LOS ANGELES RETALIATION ATTORNEY
Attorney Jeffrey Herman understands many of the challenges and obstacles facing those who have lost their jobs due to unethical business practices. During this difficult time, it is important to properly explore and understand your legal options. To learn more, contact the Los Angeles retaliation attorneys at Rager & Yoon – Employment Lawyers and schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case.