We Battle Kaiser PermanenteRager & Yoon – Employment Lawyers has handled numerous complaints, even winning multiple million-plus dollar suits against the largest privately held medical giant Kaiser Permanente. Notorious for failing to comply with EEOC and similar laws, KP often abuses power by firing employees erroneously. Because Kaiser is large, local, and known for mistreating employees, they’re easily our larger healthcare litigation focus. Employees bring claims of hours being cut, hostility from upper management, terminations that lack merit, even whistleblowing retaliation. If an egregious act can happen to employees, it usually does at KP. But we go after any healthcare facility, private practice, or home healthcare provider who violates the California Fair Housing and Employment Act, EEOC, and other federally-mandated employment codes. Healthcare law gets complex, so we never suggest attacking major firms without an attorney present to assist. Rager & Yoon – Employment Lawyers prides itself on professionalism in healthcare legal representation.
How Our Firm Helps Healthcare WorkersBecause so many variables apply to employee claims, we thoroughly investigate all grievances before planning any litigation strategy. If we’re retained, we’ll fight diligently to recover compensation, even restore your position, when problems arise regarding:
- Employees being fired for reporting HIPAA violations to government agencies.
- Employers terminating healthcare workers for failing to work off the clock.
- Nurses who were fired because they refused to follow an order that may harm a patient.
- Doctors who were forced to leave because they’re not married, or are single.
- RN’s who had their licenses were threatened if they didn’t perform sexual acts.
- Workers were segregated because they were of foreign descent.
- Any Riverside healthcare law violation that was reported, which then led to demotion or pay cuts.
- California Business & Professions Code Section 2056: This code protects doctors and surgeons who face retaliation
- California Health & Safety Code Section 1278.5: This code protects other healthcare workers from retaliation
- California Business & Professions Code 510: Protects license healthcare workers from retaliation.
Other Workplace IssuesAside from the issues we mentioned above, healthcare workers may also experience employment law issues that are not specific to their field. One of those is discrimination in the workplace. There are many ways that you can be discriminated against in the workplace and they can include: Sexual harassment in the workplace is unacceptable regardless of whether it was physical or verbal. If you see something wrong in the workplace you should speak up. However, when you speak up some people may not be too happy and will try to bring you down with them, the good news is there is whistleblower protection in place when you report the following:
- Healthcare fraud
- Illegal dumping
- Tax fraud
- Poor working conditions
- US Securities and stocks
Securing Compensation for MalpracticeIf you have been the victim of healthcare or employment law violations, Rager & Yoon – Employment Lawyers is here to help. We will work tirelessly to obtain compensation on your behalf as well as recover other damages. Some compensation you may be entitled to includes:
- Court costs
- Legal fees
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Back pay
- Front pay
- Reinstatement to your previous position
- Punitive damages