It is not illegal for an employer to fire someone in Chino or throughout California. People lose their jobs all the time, sometimes due to their own performance or sometimes due to a natural reduction in the workforce. However, there are times when the termination of an employee happens as a result of a violation of employment law. In these cases, a wrongfully terminated employee needs to seek assistance from a lawyer.
At The Rager Law Offices, we are here to help if you need a wrongful termination attorney by your side. We have a track record of success representing clients who have been the victims of employment law violations throughout the state of California. We are ready to step in and help you recover the closure and compensation you are entitled to.
How do wrongful termination cases arise in Chino?
It is crucial to understand that wrongful termination cases can arise in a wide variety of ways in and around the Chino area. Not every termination will be considered “wrongful.” California is an at-will employment state, meaning that an employer can terminate an employee for nearly any reason or even no reason at all. However, when a termination occurs that is the result of a violation of public policy or other types of law, a wrongful termination case could arise.
Some of the most common ways that wrongful termination cases arise in Chino include the following:
- Discrimination against an employee based on their:
- An employee reporting sexual harassment or discrimination in the workplace
- An employee discovering unequal pay between women and men and reporting the issue
- Reporting unsafe work conditions
- Becoming a witness or participating in investigations being conducted by federal or state regulatory agencies
- Refusing to participate in illegal or fraudulent workplace activities
- Reporting illegal or fraudulent workplace activities
In addition to these possible causes of wrongful terminations, there are times when employers terminate an employee, and the termination is a direct violation of public policy. This can occur when a person is terminated because they:
- Used family or medical leave allowed under state or federal law
- Took time off for jury duty
- Took time off to vote
- Were deployed while serving in the military or National Guard
- Requested allowable disability accommodations (ADA)
What kind of compensation can you recover for your Chino wrongful termination claim?
At The Rager Law Offices, our attorneys work diligently to recover various types of compensation on behalf of those who have been wrongfully terminated. This can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Any front or back pay owed as a result of the termination
- Court costs and legal fees
- Emotional or psychological damages
- Possible punitive damages against the employer
It may also be possible for a person to get reinstated to their job if that is the desired outcome on the part of the employee.
Contact a Chino wrongful termination attorney today
If you have been wrongfully terminated from your position in the Chino area, you need to speak to an attorney as soon as possible. At The Rager Law Offices, we have extensive experience handling complex employment law cases throughout California. We have the resources necessary to investigate these incidents and help clients recover the compensation that they are entitled to for what happened. When you need a Chino wrongful termination attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 310-527-6994.