California law and federal law prohibit workplace discrimination. Unfortunately, employers across a range of industries still engage in discriminatory behavior.
If this has happened to you, you may have grounds to take legal action. Learn more about your options by reviewing your case with a San Bernardino workplace discrimination attorney at Rager & Yoon – Employment Lawyers. We have the experience and resources necessary to help you pursue justice.
WHAT CONSTITUTES WORKPLACE DISCRIMINATION IN SAN BERNARDINO, CALIFORNIA?
Workplace discrimination in California involves adverse employment action taken against an individual due to a protected characteristic, such as:
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Sexual orientation
- Medical condition
- Genetic information
- Marital status
- Military and veteran status.
Workplace discrimination can take many forms, such as:
- Denial of opportunities
- Failure to accommodate
- Pay disparities
- Unfair hiring practices
Discrimination can be committed not only by an employer but also by coworkers, supervisors, and customers.
Consult with a San Bernardino workplace discrimination attorney to understand your rights and options under the state’s laws. A lawyer can help you navigate the legal process if you believe you have been a victim of discrimination in the workplace.
HOW A SAN BERNARDINO WORKPLACE DISCRIMINATION ATTORNEY CAN HELP
Do you believe you’ve been the victim of illegal workplace discrimination? If so, it’s wise to enlist the help of a legal professional who has the experience necessary to assist you in these circumstances.
Specific ways in which a San Bernardino workplace discrimination lawyer may help you include the following:
- Identifying and assessing the relevant laws in your case: As with any legal issue, it’s important to have a thorough understanding of all applicable laws when dealing with workplace discrimination. A San Bernardino workplace discrimination attorney can review your situation, explain the relevant laws, and help you determine whether or not you have a valid claim.
- Gathering evidence for your case: Your lawyer can conduct an investigation into your accusations to gather as much information as possible about the situation. This may include interviewing potential witnesses and obtaining documents or other records related to the incident.
- Negotiating a settlement on your behalf: Depending on the nature of your case, it may be beneficial to negotiate an out-of-court settlement. In this case, a San Bernardino workplace discrimination lawyer can help you reach a fair agreement with the other party.
- Representing you in court: If necessary, your attorney can provide representation during any courtroom proceedings related to your case. They will be knowledgeable about the applicable laws and present your position in an effective manner before the judge or jury.
Regardless of the specifics of your situation, hiring a San Bernardino workplace discrimination attorney is critical if you want to protect your rights and seek justice for any unlawful treatment that you may have experienced. A qualified legal professional can advise you on how to proceed and provide invaluable support throughout the process. For more information, contact Rager & Yoon – Employment Lawyers online or call us at 310-527-6994.