Laws Regarding Pay EqualityEPA (Equal Pay Act) has very specific remedies for individuals paid less than their male or female counterparts. Assuming you’re a female worker, our Equal Pay Act violation attorney may recover:
- Attorney fees, reasonably calculated based off the amount of work performed
- A pay raise equivalent to males working in your area
- Backpay that can go as far back as your date of hire if employer has been segregating you the entire period of employment.
- Liquid damages, or an additional sum of money equal to what your backpay is.
- The court may order every female working within the same field performing the same job must also receive raises, backpay and potentially liquid damages.