Although California’s Labor Code is one of the strongest in the nation, not all employers follow the law. Across all industries, issues like wrongful termination, workplace discrimination, and various other employment law issues continue to be problems.
You may be eligible for compensation if your employer has mistreated you in a way that represents a violation of the law. For more information, review your case with an El Segundo employment law attorney at Rager & Yoon – Employment Lawyers.
Types of El Segundo Employment Law Cases We Handle
Types of employment law cases our firm handles include (but are not limited to):
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Workplace discrimination
Compensation Available in El Segundo Employment Law Cases
Every employment law case is unique. The best way to learn about the specific types of compensation that may be available to you is to review your case with an experienced El Segundo employment law attorney.
That said, one type of compensation that may be available in employment law cases is damages. Damages are financial awards that are intended to compensate the plaintiff (the party bringing the lawsuit) for the harm they have suffered as a result of the defendant’s actions. There are several different types of damages that may be available in employment law cases, including:
- Compensatory damages: These damages are designed to reimburse the plaintiff for actual losses they have suffered, such as lost wages or medical expenses.
- Punitive damages: These damages serve to punish the defendant for particularly egregious conduct and serve as a deterrent to future wrongdoing.
Along with helping you secure financial compensation, an El Segundo employment lawyer may help you achieve other goals, such as reinstatement to a job you were wrongfully fired from.
How an El Segundo Employment Law Attorney Helps
The specific manner in which a lawyer helps you win your case will depend on various factors. An El Segundo employment law attorney can generally assist you by:
- Gathering evidence: An employment law attorney will work with you to gather evidence that supports your case. This could include documents such as pay stubs, emails, and other written communications, as well as testimony from witnesses.
- Advising on legal strategy: An employment law attorney will be able to advise you on the best legal strategy to pursue given the specific circumstances of your case. This could involve negotiating with the employer, filing a claim with a government agency, or pursuing a lawsuit.
- Filing the necessary paperwork: An employment law attorney will handle the process of filing the necessary paperwork to initiate a legal claim, such as a complaint or petition. This can be a complex and time-consuming process, and an experienced attorney will be able to navigate it efficiently.
- Representing you in court: If your case goes to trial, an employment law attorney will represent you in court and present your case to the judge or jury. This may involve cross-examining witnesses, making legal arguments, and presenting evidence.
- Negotiating a settlement: In many cases, it may be possible to reach a settlement with the employer rather than going to trial. An employment law attorney will be able to advise you on the terms of any settlement offer and negotiate on your behalf to try to get the best possible result.
Again, it’s best to consult with a lawyer to learn more about your legal options. At Rager & Yoon – Employment Lawyers, we’re committed to offering the representation you deserve. Learn more by contacting us online or calling us at 310-527-6994.