Laws Protect Disabled Persons. So Does Rager Law.Legally speaking, the definition of ‘disabled person’ is much broader than you’d imagine. Workers in California are protected as a disabled person regardless of:
- Physical appearances
- Cancer stage, especially if in remission
- Physiological condition, including the inability to walk, stand, learn, see or hear
- Whether you’re clinically depressed or have ADHD, ADD, or similar
- The fact you may be any of the above, but won’t know until diagnosed as such
- Your intention to become pregnant, stage of pregnancy, miscarrying a child or similar
Understanding Disability Rights and Interactive ProcessAn employee who preemptively discusses an ensuing or concurrent disability has the right to an interactive process, which entails dialogue between an employer and employee to determine suitable work accommodations. These aids may include modifications to workspace, smaller more frequent breaks, interpreters, shortened work days, handicap accessibility additions and extensions of medical leave. As California law requires all employers to arrange or make available reasonable accommodations for disabled persons able to work, failing to provide such constitutes an act of disability discrimination. Rager & Yoon – Employment Lawyers offers a well-respected representation of clients with disabling conditions.
Disability Discrimination Claims We HandleWorking with a disability, but feel discriminated against? We offer skilled Pasadena disability discrimination attorney help to those who’ve been wronged because of their physical or mental incapacities. Our services include:
- Help with disability claim reconsideration
- Assist clients with navigating the often menacing process of filing insurance claims
- Request medical exams from unbiased, independent medical facilities
- Raise suit against employers who’ve not only denied compensation but have bullied you into quitting or keeping quiet.